NOVA Rewards Program Terms and Conditions
The following provisions form the basis of the Nova Rewards Program (hereinafter known as ‘Program’). These provisions are intended to protect you, the members of Nova Rewards Program (hereinafter known as ‘Member’) and Nova Laboratories Sdn Bhd (hereinafter known as ‘Nova’). Your participation in the program will be governed by these provisions, and it is your responsibility to read and understand all of them.
By joining the Nova Rewards Program, transacting points, or utilising any aspect of the program, you agree to be bound by these guidelines. For more information, please contact Nova Laboratories Sdn Bhd at firstname.lastname@example.org or you may give us a call at 03-31413181.
- Nova Rewards Program membership and its benefits are offered at the discretion of Nova, and Nova has the right to terminate the Program or to change the Program rules, regulations, benefits, conditions of participation or reward levels, in whole or in part, at any time, with or without notice, even if the changes may affect the value of the Reward Points already accumulated. Nova may, among other things, withdraw, limit, modify or cancel any Members-Only Special Offer; increase the point levels required for any purchase made; modify or regulate the transferability of Reward Points or benefits; add an unlimited number of blackout dates; or limit the number of transactions and special offers available on any products on sale. Members may not rely upon the continued availability of special offers or reward levels in accumulating Reward Points, and Members may not be able to obtain all special offers offered or use Reward Points on all purchases.
- Participation in the Nova Rewards Program is subject to any terms and conditions, rules, regulations, policies, and procedures (hereinafter known as ‘Program Rules’) that Nova may, at its discretion, adopt from time to time. Nova has the sole right to interpret and apply the Program Rules. Any failure to follow the Program Rules, abuse of Program privileges, conduct detrimental to the interest of Nova, or misrepresentation of any information furnished to Nova or its affiliates by any Member, or anyone else acting on the Member’s behalf, may result in the termination of his or her membership, the cancellation of accrued points, rewards or benefits, or both.
- Nova reserves the right to audit any and all Member accounts at any time for compliance with the Program Rules, without any notice to the Member. In the event that an audit reveals discrepancies or possible violations, the processing of award redemption requests may be delayed while pending the completion of the audit.
- Each Member is responsible for having a good understanding of the Program Rules and for keeping track of the amount of Reward Points in his or her account. Nova shall attempt to advise active Members on various matters of interest through such means as may be appropriate, such as account summaries, newsletters, and its website, but Nova shall not be held liable for any failure to do so.
- The accumulation of Reward Points and the redemption of those points are subject to specific Program Rules enacted by Nova. Each Member is responsible for reading those materials in order to understand his or her rights and responsibilities under the Program. No points, benefits, or rewards earned or granted under the Program may be transferred or assigned.
- The Nova Rewards Program is maintained for the benefit and participation of individual Members only. Only individuals are eligible for Nova Rewards membership, and each Member may maintain only one account. Duplicate accounts will be subject to cancellation. Only the Member named on the account will be entitled to access any personal information.
- ACCRUED REWARD POINTS DO NOT CONSTITUTE AS THE PROPERTY OF A MEMBER AND HAVE NO VALUE OUTSIDE OF THE PROGRAM. REWARD POINTS ARE CREDITS THAT NOVA MAY REVOKE AT ANY TIME AS SET FORTH HEREIN. REWARD POINTS MAY NOT BE EXCHANGED FOR CASH, ASSIGNED, BARTERED, OR TRANSFERRED, EXCEPT AS SET FORTH HEREIN, AND ARE NOT TRANSFERABLE UPON DEATH, AS PART OF A DOMESTIC RELATIONS MATTER, OR OTHERWISE BY OPERATION OF LAW.
- Nova reserves the right to discontinue the membership of any Member who uses the Program in a manner inconsistent with these Terms and Conditions or any federal, state, provincial, territorial or local laws, statutes, by-laws, guidelines, or ordinances. Discontinued membership may result in the loss of all earned Reward Points, benefits, and privileges. In addition to discontinuing the Program membership, Nova shall have the right to take appropriate administrative and/or legal action, including criminal prosecution, as it deems necessary in its sole discretion.
- Any attempt by any person to undermine the legitimate operation of the Program may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Nova reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Nova’s failure to enforce any of these terms and conditions shall not constitute a waiver of that, or any other, provision.
- Nova will have sole discretion in resolving any questions or disputes regarding an individual’s eligibility for the Program, the usage of earned rewards or points (referred to as “earning use”), the conversion of Reward Points, or a Member’s compliance with these Terms and Conditions.
- If any provision of these Terms and Conditions is found to be invalid or unenforceable by a court of competent jurisdiction, such provision shall be severed from the remainder of these Terms and Conditions, which will otherwise remain in full force and effect.
- These Terms and Conditions shall be construed in accordance with the Laws of Malaysia, irrespective of the location where the membership application was completed or submitted to Nova. In any action or other legal process with respect to any matter or thing in connection with these Terms and Conditions or membership, the Member shall submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of Malaysia.
PROHIBITION OF SALE OR BARTER
- The sale or barter of any such Reward Points, awards, or benefits, other than by Nova, is expressly prohibited. Any Reward Points, awards, or benefits transferred, assigned, or sold in violation of the Program Rules, in addition to exposing the Member to the penalties otherwise associated with violations, may be confiscated or cancelled.
- Any Member who fails at any time to engage in account activity for a period of twenty-four (24) consecutive months is subject to termination of his or her membership and forfeiture of all accrued Reward Points.
- For the purpose of these rules, ‘Account Activity’ shall be deemed to occur when a Member accrues Reward Points in his or her account in any manner set forth in these Program Rules, or as otherwise approved by Nova, or when the Member redeems any Nova Rewards using the accrued Reward Points in the Member’s account.
REWARD POINTS ACCRUAL
- Only Members of the Program are eligible to accrue Reward Points by availing themselves of the means of accrual recognised under the Program. A Member may not accrue Reward Points for the utilisation of services, by any other person, animal, object, or entity.
- Currently, Reward Points can be accrued by making a purchase through Nova Official Online Shop at www.nova.my only, by using an authorised credit card or other payment methods available at Nova Official Online Shop to pay for the goods or services. Nova expressly reserves the right to establish additional means of accruing Reward Points, delete any or all the means currently recognised, or exclude specific types of transactions from the accumulation of Reward Points. To earn Reward Points by making a purchase, Members must sign in to their account by entering a valid username and password.
- Reward Points may be accrued only for paid and completed Nova product purchase at Nova Official Online Shop at www.nova.my. The amount of Reward Points accrued shall be determined by the cash value paid by the Member. The cash value is the amount charged to the Member’s credit card, adjusted for any refunds, charge backs, adjustments, or unverifiable activity.
- Members shall accrue Reward Points at the rate of one (1) point for every one (1) Ringgit Malaysia (RM) charged to their credit card or any other form of payments available at Nova Official Online Shop.
- If Nova or any Nova Rewards partner improperly denies a Member an accrual or benefit, liability will be limited to the equivalent of the accrual or benefit.
- Nova reserves the right to make bonus points and promotional offers selectively available to certain Members at any time, based on purchase history and purchase activity, geographical locations, program participation, or other factors determined at Nova’s sole discretion.
- Nova will, in most cases, credit its Members’ accounts with accrued Reward Points. However, each Member shall have the responsibility to ensure that his or her Reward Points are properly credited. Where a Member contends that Reward Points have been earned but not credited, or in cases where Nova deems verification is required, Nova reserves the right to require proof of accrual from the Member, including but not limited to copies of receipts or similar documentation verifying any transaction claimed to have been performed. Any claims for Reward Points by the Member and proof of accrual must be received by Nova within two (2) months after the date such Reward Points were claimed to be earned.
Rewards Points Expiration
- Reward Points accrued in a Member’s account shall be maintained in the account until they are redeemed for an award or until they expire, whichever occurs first.
- Reward Points earned in one (1) calendar year remain valid until the 31st of December of the following calendar year. It is important to note that any expiring points in a given calendar year must be redeemed by the 31st of December, and any points not redeemed by this date will be considered void and removed from the account.
- In cases where an account does not accrue Reward Points for a continuous period of two (2) years, the account will be designated as dormant and Nova reserves the right to close dormant accounts after any remaining Reward Points have expired.
- Reward Points that are deducted, such as for the redemption of awards, and later returned to the account for any reason shall not count as Account Activity.
- The awards available to be redeemed and the amount of Reward Points necessary to redeem each award will be set by Nova and published to the Members. Nova shall establish the process for award redemption, but redemption shall basically mean the exchange of Reward Points in a Member’s account for a specified award.
- Reward Points earned in two or more different accounts may not be combined to redeem any award. The Reward Points earned are strictly non-transferable to any other Member or account.
- Nova reserves the right to modify, cancel, or limit the award structure at its discretion, with or without prior notice. The amount of Reward Points required for redeeming awards may be substantially increased, awards may be withdrawn, and restrictions on awards or their redemption may be imposed at any time. The accumulation of Reward Points does not grant Program Members any vested rights with respect to any award or the Program.
- Nova will not be liable or responsible in any manner for any tax consequences arising from a Member’s participation in the Program. Each Member is solely responsible for paying all taxes payable and benefits acquired through their participation in the Program, including the earning, conversion, holding, and use of Reward Points. Members are also responsible for fulfilling all necessary filing and reporting obligations related to their participation in the Program. Members should consult with their tax advisors regarding the accumulation, conversion, and utilisation of Reward Points.